The Queen Alexandra Hospital Home has signed the corporate covenant. The corporate covenant is designed to allow businesses and charitable organisations to express their support for the Armed Forces, and commit to ways in which they can provide that support.
We, The Queen Alexandra Hospital Home will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- providing first class nursing care and rehabilitation to disabled ex-Servicemen and women, and their dependants, in modern and comfortable surroundings
- subsidising the cost of care for ex-Servicemen and women and their dependants
- supporting the education of MOD student nurses by offering 6 week residential placements
- working with serving military personnel and local armed forces groups, including officer training corps and cadet units, by providing opportunities to volunteer at our community events or within our organisation
- actively participating in Armed Forces Day by attending local celebrations within our community
- providing volunteer opportunities for current and ex-Service personnel to gain experience, develop skills, and boost confidence to support them to gain employment
- providing a support network for Service families through our “Armed Forces Family Volunteering Group”
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible.
View the corporate covenant document.